Read this earlier today.

Read this earlier today. I remember that day, or at least the shuttle launch that day. For me, it was the fifth grade and living so close to Cape Canaveral we could always stand outside and watch the shuttles launch. On this particular day our teacher said shuttle launches had become so common she didn't feel the need to let us out to watch. Minutes later an announcement came over the loudspeaker telling us what had happened and we all rushed out the door and looked north.

First daytime shuttle launch I didn't see live.

They named the new elementary school after the teacher onboard.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/02/26/1491359/-Space-shuttle-engineer-who-carried-guilt-of-explosion-30-yrs-finds-relief-via-NPR-public-outpour

Comments

Terrible that he has carried that guilt for so long; worse that people ignored his warning that lead to his burden.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.