Windows media player

I just had a friend call me and ask if I tried to share anything over WMP with her. Of course not, I didn't even know WMP could share with other people. She said she received an invite from me on her WinVista computer, not through email or chat or anything, wanting her to accept my sharing request.

Um, aside from a short 30 second video I watched earlier today I haven't used WMP in months and I sure as hell don't go around sharing everything I do with WMP.

Which begs the question: are we sharing too much? Facebook and Google seem to think we want to share every aspect of our lives. Google at least learned and now sharing is an option, but FB wants you and me to share everything we do online -- from their infamous "Like" button to their FacebookConnect service. And now our native running programs want to share what we're doing?

That's kind of annoying.

Not to mention I'm not even sure if Microsoft WMP even does share anything with other computers and how it found her email address (I only use an web contacts through Google, no Outlook, FF or anything else) and we're on different ISP networks.

Anyone have an idea? Is there a setting I can't find for sharing in WMP?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.