Red Lights Mean Go

Virginia Letting motos and bikes run redlights

While not admitting anything, myself, I've had to run a couple of red lights under these scenarios. You're sitting there, no traffic and the light just won't change. You keep hoping a car or truck pulls up alongside or behind you to trigger the sensor but it's late or you're in a not-well traveled area. 

Just the other day, for example, I came to a red light while leaving a friend's neighborhood. I watched the cross-traffic's light turn amber then red surprised that my light would soon turn green. It did not. Instead, the cross-traffic's turn light went green for a few seconds and then straight through traffic once again. It wasn't until a truck pulled up beside me that the light's finally changed and the green light allowed me to turn.

At least Virginia is paying attention. They're allowing motorcycles and bicyclists to run red lights that won't turn for them. W00t!

I'd love a law like this in Colorado. Especially since we have a ton of cyclists here, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.