Customer Service, Party on None

I'm still baffled, in this day and age, why companies think they can treat customers horribly. A simple blog, Tweet or FB status and everyone starts hating you. Just look at the TSA, which probably hasn't had as many complaints as Comcast does.

Comcast Wants Me To Prove They Don't Own My Cable Modem - The Consumerist

One of the reasons I left AT&T was the horrible customer service (under Cingular and then at&t, again). I've been with TMobile for a couple of years now and have rarely had a problem with them, the few I have had usually stemmed from the agent or employee just not knowing. Heck, I even called them last night about something and they went above and beyond for me.

But Comcast, or any other company that seems to think the burden of proof is on the customer. I'm not saying they shouldn't get their equipment back if a customer has it, I'm just saying, they should have a record of it under the account, the address or the customer's name. Customer Leased EQPT? Check. Serial number? xxx-zzz-xxx. QTY? 1. It's that easy.

Hay, but in the minds of big business, harassment works, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.