In OZ, wearing skinny jeans means you want it

When I was in the military, I remember a few times we were put on lockdown because a woman claimed she was raped by a fellow soldier. Later, after questioning, most of these women admitted to making the false claims because they regretted going out the guy in the first place or to get back on a guy after they perceived a relationship and he (apparently) didn't.

Jury Rules Skinny Jeans Wearing Women Cannot be Raped

Am I saying that these rape claims were not justified or were not valid? Absolutely not. What I am saying is that sometimes when women, especially younger women, regret a sexual adventure sometimes they claim rape. While, no one can adequately reflect the number of false claims, no one doubts these claims exist.

That being said, my personal belief is rape is something horrible to be inflicted on a woman and the perpetrators of rape are the lowest of the low. And by no means is a type of clothing a plausible piece of evidence to absolve the suspected rapist of the act.

However, there are times when women make false claims and the prosecution and the jury have a hard time determining what really occurred. I'm glad I've never been called into jury duty for a case like that.

That all being said, what do you think? Are a woman's clothing reasonable doubt on rape claims? Can a woman wearing skinny jeans or tight pants be raped as this jury seems to doubt? Or, did the jury doubt her story and was just looking for an excuse to let this guy off without appearing soft on crime?

I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this, and I want you to trust I have no doubt that rape occurs and occurs regularly. I have no doubt women, children and even some men are violated against their will by friends, family and strangers. And while you guys don't really know me, know that I do not condone rape of any kind, but neither do I condone false accusations which can put a man in prison, ruin his career or destroy his family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.