Horse -- on Cherry Creek State Park Update

I received this email this morning:


Good morning,

The Bureau of Animal Protection does have agents in that jurisdiction that can follow up with this complaint.  I have attached a link http://www.ddfl.org/invest.htm with contact information.  The phone number for the investigations department is 303-923-0022.  They are familiar with Paint Horse Stables, we get calls from time to time due to the high volume of foot and vehicle traffic. 
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns and thank you  for contacting our office.  The obvious discomfort and infection are very concerning.
 
Scot Dutcher
Chief, Bureau of Animal Protection
Colorado Department of Agriculture
303-239-4163

I contacted the DDFL at the above number and spoke with James who informed me there was an active investigation, that the horse was under veterinary care and that the drippage I witnessed on Friday was what the vet wanted to happen in order to get the infection out of the wound.

Very simple and to the point.  Why couldn't anyone from the stables or the park's office have told me that? It would have been over and I wouldn't have had to ruffle as many feathers as I did in order to get an answer. Animal Control couldn't tell me an investigation was under way; the state park wouldn't tell me; the stable owner wouldn't tell me he was being investigated nor could the Arapahoe County Sheriff's office.

All these layers and no one wanted to just explain to me that an open investigation was under way.  A shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.