Measles Vaccines and You

Being born in 1975 I fall into this category and have no idea where to find my medical records. I do remember getting the measles shot, though.

What about you? Are you at risk of having had an ineffective measles vaccine?

There was also another less effective version of the live vaccine derived from the Edmonston B strain of measles, the original virus isolated from 12-year-old David Edmonston. “Because these patients may have received immunoglobulin with the Edmonston B strain, that could have decreased effectiveness of the vaccine,” CDC experts confirm. They note that an estimated 18.9 million doses (doses, not people) of that shot were administered from 1963 to 1975.

https://www.popsci.com/measles-shot-need-re-vaccinated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.