I'll admit, I throw hand fulls of bird seed out in the yard for the squirrels.

I'll admit, I throw hand fulls of bird seed out in the yard for the squirrels. I don't do it every day and I always throw it out in the yard, not in feeder or a pile.

A couple of years ago I caught some raccoons foraging in a dumpster. Unfortunately, the dumpster didn't have a lot of garbage in it and the young raccoons were trapped at the bottom. Animal control came and got them out and they quickly scampered up a nearby tree.

We do have the occasional coyote or fox that runs through the neighborhood, which isn't a strange site since I do live saddled between a state park and a golf course.

The moral of the story is: don't feed the animals.
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/nature-and-technology/dont-feed-squirrels-opossums-coyotes-bears-wildlife-animals-95676/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.