You Don't Take Questions?

One of my major complaints about social media is how people post. We've all seen these types of posters:

1 - The link-dumper. The person who just drops a URL off without any context. Whether it's to an article, a video or their own blog, they provide no reason for anyone to click through and see the content they're sharing. 

2 - The not-Photographer. Unfortunately social media is packed with these people. They're the ones who flood to image sharing sites, pages or groups, and they post prolifically, yet none of the images are their own work. So, they join a group about black and white photography or dogs, or whatever, and their images are great - too great. So, you do some research - or as I've learned to do - ask them some technical questions about the shoot or post processing and whatcha them flounder.

3 - The Ambiguous Poster. These posters are a variation of the link-dumper. They post a random statements provide no context to why they're saying what they're posting and then get upset when you ask them about it, as though it's your responsibility to cyberstalk them enough to know why the random comment was posted in the first place. 

As is the case in the example.below. This PhD posted a statement without context. When I asked for said context to have her post make sense she responded with a demand that I unfollow her to prevent these kinds of interactions. 

So, me being me, I call her out. I'm pretty sure she'll block me because the other common thread with people who make no sense is to block you for questioning it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.