Surprise Visit

I happened to be sitting here on the couch working on the computer when I notice out the window a silver minivan that was stopped just outside, the driver appearing to be looking at the windows and doors of the house.

Was s/he looking to see if someone was home? We're they looking for a way to break in or were they looking at the house mistakenly, perhaps believing it was for sale or rent, or something else entirely.

A few seconds later the minivan moved on and I didn't think anything of the experience. It was odd, but being in a condo you sometimes get used to delivery drivers looking for building numbers or realtors who are looking for the unit for sale. 

Then I heard a car door shut outside and I walked over to the window for a closer look. I was expecting to see someone who pulled into the parking lot but instead I see the same silver minivan parked in front of my garage. The driver stepped out of the vehicle and it's my landlord, Ed Copolla.

He steps to the garage, punches in the code and walks in. This was strange as he has absolutely nothing of his own in there. The only things in the garage are mine and my roommate's - mostly my roommate's. I have my motorcycle, a bicycle and a couple of odds and ends; he has his tools, multiple bicycles, arcade games, shelving units, etc.

There was no need for the landlord to come by at all and doing so violated our lease as he's required to give - at a minimum of - 24 hours before coming by. 

I have to believe that the garage, being part of the leased property, is included within this clause of the contract.

UPDATE: 

So, hours later I heard from my roommate that 6 months ago the landlord asked to stop by and grab a wet vac. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.