Castlewood Canyon State Park

Went on a walk today at Castlewood Canyon State Park with a neighbor and her friends. All-in-all there were two guys and two girls (me being one of the guys) and two dogs.

We hiked about 7-8 miles. It was hard to know the exact distance as the park's maps were primitive and we did head down a particular path that was abandoned about half way around. 

As you can see by the images below, we had crystal clear blue skies and the temperature was pushing 90°F. 

Last night I'd discovered a grape sized blister between my toes and I popped it so it would have a chance to dry out over night but I'm fairly certain I came home with more. 

This first image is the valley that was dam'd up to create a lake back in the late 19th / early 20th centuries. After the dam broke the lake drained.


These next two images are simple rock formations for those of you who are interested in this sort of thing.

The aforementioned dam. Or, at least, the remnants of the dam.

An Aspen tree that has been carved with names and initials.

Part of the trail. 

The creek.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.