ReBooting Spider-Man

While I don't like it, I understand the idea of the reboot, especially of a franchise that's 10 years old; gotta get in there and go back to the basics, because while comic book characters may never age out of their prime, actors and directors do.

Confirmed: Emma Stone Joins 'Spider-Man' - omg! news on Yahoo!

I think Tobey McGuire was a great Peter Parker and surprised everyone as Spider-Man, much as Michael Keaton did for his role as Batman and Bruce Willis did as John McClain.

Now, as Sony seeks to reboot the franchise after the dismal showing SM3 was, they've finally made a good casting call: Emma Stone. Let's face it, Andrew Garfield is about 30 years old and will be older than Tobey McGuire was when he first donned the red and blues. WTF? Was he the best choice to play a teenager? Really? There were no other actors closer to 20, 17 or even 16 as the character will be?

While I have some faith Sony doesn't want their golden goose to fail, I really hope they're making good decisions and not ruin Spider-Man's silver screen appearances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.