That Call ..

Earlier today I received a phone call. Not being in the room I let the call ring to voicemail. 

A little bit later another call came in. Now, you need to understand: this is a bit unusual for a Sunday afternoon. 

Not being in the room, I let the call go to voicemail again. 

Then it rang again and I knew something was wrong. No one calls me this much on a Sunday.

I walked in to the other room just as the last ring hit and I saw the name on the caller-ID. It was my brother.

The only reason for him to call so frequently would be to let.me know something had happened to our father, who's been sick, or our mother.

He asked me how things were going. I said they were okay. He then said, "Kristen's dead."

Apparently, she'd been found in her car this morning and by the time the paramedics had arrived she'd been dead for hours. No one knows the cause yet as the autopsy is pending, but the leading theory is her alcoholism or something else in her system. 

She leaves behind a son, Kalan, five siblings and two parents. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.