Adam Lambert on AMAs

So, I've been seeing all these headlines about the 'sexually charged' show Adam Lambert put on at the AMAs recently. Heck, I don't even know when the AMAs were, so I have to say "recently." First, I had to look up who Adam Lambert was (thank you Google) and then I had to search over Hell and high water to find said offensive material. Apparently, ABC and Dick Clark Productions have had the video removed from all over the internet and where it wasn't removed from, my ISP has designated the site: illegal for my region, or some such. But, thankfully, I was able to see the show thanks to the private persons who put the video out there on their own servers. I won't mention where I saw it to save those people the drama that ensues when someone has a "copyright" on broadcasted media.

Okay, so my take: not as bad as they're making it out to be. Was the show sexually charged? Sure. Not as much as you used to be able to see on MTV's videos (you know, when they still had videos). Was it over the top? Not at all. The worse thing about the performance was the guy's hair. I wasn't a fan of the David Bowie look back when David Bowie did it, nor when it cropped back in as "glamour rock" in the 90s; I sure as hell don't like it now. Otherwise, the show wasn't bad. I mean, the song sucked, but that's my personal preference.

Point 3, or 4 (wherever I am): the kiss. Big deal. Name one person in this country who doesn't know a gay person. We've see girl-on-girl kisses on broadcast media before and the only people who get upset are the sexually repressed traditionalists out there. So what if it's a guy kissing a guy? Wake up! It's a new millenium. Gays are here, no matter how many people go to your church. Deal with it. I mean, I don't want to see it, but I don't want to see fat chicks naked either. To me, it's the same thing. If they're going to punish Adam Lambert, then they need to punish those whales on the Biggest Loser as well. Seriously.

Okay,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.