Hope These Comes Through

So, I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra to replace my S22 Ultra with the broken charging port. Luckily at&t had a trade-in program that made this extremely inexpensive for me. 

I was recently watching a YouTube video on camera features trying ro figure out if there are any settings or features I should be using and discovered something I had seen while playing with the phone but didn't really pay attention to while poking around.

Specifically, that the camera on this device (which I'm typing on now) can take photos at 12M, 50M or 200M. That's two-hundred megapixels! So, I've been playing with this feature just to see how much detail I can extract from an image. From what I've looked at, 200M on my phone is still not as detail laden as the 15M on my Pentax K5 (yes, it's old). But, that's digital vs optical for you. 

Here are to images I took today with the 200M setting. I was walking my brother's dog on a 6 mile loop I found and we were on the last mile, or so, and I decided to play a little. One image is facing up the trail and one down from the same position. I don't know if Blogger will reduce the size of the images or not so click on them and see if they open larger.

I ran these through Snapseed, just to see if Snapseed can handle 200M, so I'll post both the unprocessed and processed to see if there's a difference. 

(I'm not sure why Bligger wants to load that sideways)
And now for the other two.

(The unprocessed is also sideways. Weird)

Can you see a difference in quality?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...