YaHOOOOoooO!

That was very annoying. A year ago I signed up for a Flickr account using my Google ID. Then sometime over the year Yahoo (which owns Flickr) decided only Yahoo ID owners may hold Yahoo property. Gah!

In my desire to use Flckr on mobile I decided to revisit Flickr but Yahoo wouldn't take my Google sign-in credentials. Since I never used the service (I think I uploaded 3 images to it) I said screw it and decided to just go ahead and create a Yahoo ID.

On a whim I searched my Gmail account and found the "Welcome to Flickr" email and was able to log in from that email. Then Yahoo wanted me to create a Yahoo ID account since they were doing away with the Google sign-in option. Gah!

However, the service wouldn't allow me to merge the existing account with the new Yahoo ID I'd just created.

What a pain in the ass.

After some twitching and twerking I was able to log into Yahoo with my Google ID and deleted the account, which was also a pain in the ass: enter password multiple times, Captchas, email, password again...

And then I deleted the account I'd just created, on good measure.

What a pain in the ass.

Now I need to create a brand new account and everything because the accounts I deleted won't be released for 90s days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.