New day, new quarter, new life.

New day, new quarter, new life.

As some of you may have noticed I haven't been as prevalent on the Plus as I used to be. In truth, it's become something of a chore to come here at all.

Try to have a rational discussion and people call you a troll. Disagree with someone and they call you names. Try to discuss the merits of a topic and you're labelled with a plethora of names.

I've complained about this in the past -- on numerous occasions. It's exhausting dealing with some kinds of people and unlike Buzz, those people seem to be abundant here.

So, new day, new quarter, new life. I'm giving up Google+. I should have done it last night but I wasn't feeling well and decided to put it off until today.

I will still blog and will probably be more active on LinkedIn. Facebook still isn't an option and twitter is for people who can't create coherent thoughts.

Perhaps in a month or three I'll rethink this plan, but for now I need to step away.

Have a good life, Plussers.

Comments

Jon F Hancock said…
Well.  I support your decision.  But I disagree with your reasons.  There are better reasons to abandon Google+.  For one, there just isn't anybody on here.  Most accounts just crosspost stuff from Twitter and Facebook.  

Half my stream is people posting screenshots of other people's tweets.
Gerwin Sturm said…
Well, see you around then. You know how it is, the internet is a small place really, so no escaping us forever ;)
Steve Ruge said…
Sorry to hear that Jason ON . There are so few interesting local people here to follow. I do agree, though, that G+ is getting worse and not better - and the migration of FB folks will not make it any better. Hope to see you around.
Eph Zero said…
Understandable. But I think that's social media in a nutshell these days, regardless of where you go.
Chris Moore said…
Man, that is a shame. I understand entirely how you feel - Google+ as a community mechanism tends towards superficiality, and it can be incredibly frustrating to try to have a meaningful discussion. I hope you'll still swing by from time to time, though.
Chris Moore said…
Hang on, this isn't an april fool's thing, is it? -_-
Noze P. said…
Sorry to see you leaving Jason :(
Tammy Moore said…
I don't blame you. I used to see conversation. Now mostly it's tits and ass. How thought-provoking.
Theresa Reel said…
Now I am torn between, miss you already, and April Fools :)
Hold On! Hold On! Nope! Not gonna happen! You ain't gonna take the troll title from me!!! Nope!!!

Change up a bit or cruise! Or run with your plan! I've been hangin with you an I'll still hang with you! But I'm better troll!! ppppppppfffffffffffttttttt!!!!
Liz Kimber said…
Sadly social media has woken the arsehole in many people, it seems rarer now to see respecting peoples decisions, beliefs and opinions and instead flaming them.

I don't tend to hang out so much on buzz these days purely because I got really tired of the people asking me to write stuff for them.. I don't tend to still many hornets nests here so I've not suffered here, I've seen stuff I disagree with.. But nothing worse than that.

But then I'm quite quiet on here and FB
Sky Warnke said…
Let me know where you go...
or if you find a better place.. I alway found this place confusing (I'm blonde)  so for lack of better, I still Facebook...
Chris Moore said…
Still waiting for him to come back and tell us it was an april fool's joke :(
Jason ON said…
It was actually intended as an April Fool's joke but after that first day I decided to let it run it's course and see if I could go a week. Then to the end of the month. I didn't intent to come back today, but I am still the most productive in this G account and happened to be logged in when I decided to post something.
Chris Moore said…
Jason ON Never lost faith! :)

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.