Should people be asked to donate toys to families that are irresponsible?

re: http://cbs4denver.com/local/toy.drive.boys.2.1377305.html

So, I'm watching the news and they're talking about a "Girls and Boys Club" Toy Drive to help out needy families. I'm all about helping out those in need, but when the 16 year old girl they interviewed says she and her siblings don't always get toys for Christmas because her family cannot afford to buy presents for all 10 children, I have a hard time wanting to donate. If you cannot afford to raise 10 children, don't ask for donations so your kids can all enjoy Christmas morning. As far as I'm concerned that's unethical of the families. These toy drives are for the truly needy, not the ones who don't know how to buy condoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.