I can't tell you how many times I sat down to start this thing up and got distracted by the handsome guy reflecting...

I can't tell you how many times I sat down to start this thing up and got distracted by the handsome guy reflecting in my monitor. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Anywho, it's been a while since we've done one of these because, well, no one pushed me to do it and it's been winter up here in the northern hemisphere, so motorcycle riding hasn't been on my mind. But, as the seasons turn and spring is hitting much of the lower forty-eight, it's time to change the community Profile picture.

[cheers all around]

For those of you who are new to the community and haven't been through one of these before, it's pretty simple. Look to your left. Just look to your left. There is the profile picture for this community. It's what people see when they search for us and how we're represented on G+. Each quarter we change it to a member submitted photo that garners the most votes from you the members. Anyone can enter, but only one can win. This is ThunderDome Motorcycle Riders!

Don't forget to make sure your photo submission is a good fit for the profile image. In other words, it should be scalable and look good at 250x250 pixels. I can't promise this is the "right" scaling because Google keeps changing these things, but from what I understand, at this moment, 250x250 is about right. I hope.

The rules are the same as last time and the time before that and the time before that. In fact, I copied the rules from an old language written by a people who haven't existed for thousands of years. One could say, they were literally written in stone.

And here they are:

1] You MUST own the rights to the picture or have the permission of the rights holder to use it. Image must also be of something motorcycle related.

2] If you used the image to enter last time, you can't use it to enter this time. That doesn't mean you can't use an image you shared before, only that you can't use an image you entered in one of the Profile contests in the past.

3] Tag your contest entries with #MRPROFILE0315. If you can't tell by the tag, this contest ends on March 15, 2016. On that day we'll tally the votes and change the image accordingly.

4] No nudity, hate speech, blah, blah, blah. Seriously, if it's offensive, it's gone. It's that simple. That means no religious images or political speech. This is a motorcycle community, not a soapbox.

5] Pro shots/marketing materials are allowed by those of you representing a company, product or service, but the focus of the image should still be something to do with motorcycle riding and not just your logo, etc. Also, see rule number 1.

6] Ties will be decided by the moderation staff and if we can't decide, well, I'll use a picture of my feet. Yes, I have pictures of my feet.

7] Something else I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Don't forget to vote, too. Voting can be done in one of one ways: by clicking that +1 button. The picture with the most plus 1s wins.

Remember, this contest runs between now and March 15, 2015 (mountain time, because I live in Denver). That's GMT-6, or whenever I wake up on the 16th, whichever is more convenient to me. :P

And GO!

Comments

Sash Walker said…
Dude, you have the wrong date on the hashtag. You have  #MRPROFILE0315, which doesn't bother me. We'll know which ones are from this year. I'm just pointing it out in case YOU want to change it.
Jason ON said…
March 15th. 0315 ... Am I the only one who see this or did we use this hashtag last year?
Sash Walker said…
We used the same one last year
Jason ON said…
Oh, okay. I'll change it then.
Jason ON said…
On second thought, other people are chiming in already so we'll just keep using this one and when we count, the moderators will just have to make sure we only count these two weeks and not last year, as well.

Popular posts from this blog

I don't make a lot of personal posts so please bear with me.

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.